Monday, December 15, 2014

The Debt II

First, some prison guard says to Xena, "Hey, Xena, I hear you were betrayed by a friend." "No, not by a friend." responds Xena. Evil dude of the week asks Gabrielle "Why did you do it if you love her so?" Lao-Ma says to Xena, "She who would live a long time should live for others; serve others." "I could serve you if that's what you mean." responds Xena. "Of course you can; it's easy to serve someone you love. You feel it will make them love you more." returns Lao-MA. After she heals Xena's leg, Lao-MA says "Come to me, Xena. Now." A cloth flies by her and wraps itself around Xena, pulling her to Lao-Ma in an embrace. They then rise into the air and playfully fly around the room, briefly touching each other. Back in the present, Gabrielle apologizes to Xena, and when forgiven, cups Xena's face in her hand. At the end, after defeating evil and such, Gabrielle says "I love you Xena." "I love you too, Gabrielle." (Now THAT'S how to end an episode.)
kgalles reminds me: Don't forget the "Scratch my nose, will ya?" That was a total kiss and make-up line. Also, Gabs gave her speech about how she would never be able to forgive herself and how Xena must hate her. Xena responded: "I could NEVER hate you, Gabrielle." Before the end when they exchange the "I love yous," Xena walks out with Lao Ma's book of wisdom. Gabs understands its importance to Xena, cradles it lovingly, and says, "We'll keep thi in a safe place" or something like that. She emphasizes the WE --- like they SHARE possessions like a couple.

No comments:

Post a Comment