Tuesday, December 16, 2014

The Convert

    • Gabrielle and Najara catch up on old times.
      • "And what have you been doing?" asks Gabrielle.
        "Planting crops, helping harvest, mending clothes, working towards the day the djinn said would come: the day you and I would meet again, united in a common bond not even Xena shares."
        "The djinn said that?"
        "We walk the same path, Gabrielle."
    • Gabrielle ties Najara up, per Xena's orders.
      • "If she thinks that I'm going anywhere now that I've found you and our path, she's crazy" Najara tells Gabrielle.
    • Gabrielle returns to her bed with Xena and tries to talk about Najara, but Xena pretends to be asleep even though she is wide awake and obviously troubled.
    • Najara and Xena have a little chat
      • "Yet you claim to have changed; why can't I? After all, we've both had the same inspiration: Gabrielle. But unlike you, I've changed my whole life for her. You've just changed sides."
        "You hurt Gabrielle and I will change you in ways that are anything but peaceful" warns Xena.
        "You forget, hurting Gabrielle is your job. Or have those visions gone away> You know, the visions of your death and hers? I want to share a life of peace with Gabrielle. You want to share a violent death. You tellme who's the villain here: me or you?"
    • Gabrielle bathes Najara.
    • Gabrielle and Najara have another talk.
      • "My place is with Xena" says Gabrielle.
        "I know, and it always will be. Until her continuing violence finally makes her do something even you can't excuse."
        "It's not going to happen."
        "It has to. And then you will have to choose. Not between me and Xena, but between Xena and you own soul."
    • Xena says to Gabrielle "You've changed in ways that have shown me choices I'd never have known without you."
    Once again Najara heats up the tension in the Xena/Gabrielle relationship. All this tension this season is starting to wear on me. When was the last time we had a cuddly Xena and Gabby episode?

No comments:

Post a Comment