Tuesday, December 16, 2014

If the Show Fits

  • Xena wakes up, and immediately starts looking for Gabrielle.
  • (I can't believe i'm actually going to write this, but, for the sake of thoroughness:) Gabrielle explains to Xena why she is walking around in a sack:
    • "I woke up; I took a bath; I know I put my shirt on that tree. It's just gone! Well, that doesn't make any sense. Unless an animal took it! You know, a fashionable Beaver, or..." (looking at her BGSB in a warlords mouth) "Oh, you didn't." (Come on folks, think about it!)
  • Walking down the road, Xena and Gabrielle chat.
    • Gabrielle tells Xena, "I'm telling you, brown is not my color."
      "I kinda like it. It's got that rustic appeal."
      "Suitable for you, right?"
  • In Aphrodite's story, why is the evil step-sister, played by Xena, watching the evil step-mom (Aphrodite) have sex with four men?
  • Xena brings water to Gabrielle, who is cooking.
    • "I saw Zantar's men down across the river. I'm gonna go down there and deal with them."
      "What do you want from me?" replies Gabrielle. "My skirt? My boots? My underwear?"
  • When Xena finally gets to tell the fairy tale, the prince comes to woo her, and she is just not interested.
    • Also, Gabrielle is her fairy godsister, not mother.
  • Gabrielle objects to being the godsister of dishes.
    • "Oh come on, it was just a story," replies Xena. "I just meant we were like family."
  • Alesia asks Xena, referring to the fairy tale: "Sis she and the prince get married and live happily ever after?"
    "No. No, but she and her fairy godsister (Gabrielle) did make a pact: From now on, they would help one another be all that they could be."
  • "Gabrielle, why'd you come back?"
    "It was what you said about being family. I realized that every family has their problems. But what's important is that we stay together. We work it out."
  • The episode ends with a group hug, with Gabrielle giving much more to the hug than Joxer.
Notes:
What can be said? i loved this episode. The humor was spot on, and character driven, which i think is much better than slapstick. (Though slapstick also has its time and place.)

No comments:

Post a Comment